University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust is researching a new way of surveying how well protected we are from infectious diseases by collecting blood samples from people who represent different groups across society. What happens in this study?
They are looking to enrol children and adults aged from birth to 19 years old.
- There will be a single visit with a blood test.
- We will ask you some basic information including age, gender, vaccination history.
- We will arrange to see you in a clinic at the Lind Research Centre, level 5, Derriford Hospital.
- Participants seen in clinics will be offered £20 reimbursement in the form of a voucher for taking part in the study. If they are seen at home there will be no reimbursement.
- Local anaesthetic skin cream would be used for children to reduce any discomfort from blood sampling
- The whole appointment should take around 45 minutes.
Taking part in this research study is completely voluntary. If you would like any further information please visit www.whatsthestory.org.uk or contact us by telephone on 01752 432447 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.