We are exploring a proposal to set up a youth forum for the South Asian Society. A youth forum is an organisation run and developed by young people for young people. They exist to represent the views of young people at a community level, giving them the opportunity to have a voice, discuss relevant issues, engage with decision-makers and contribute to improving the lives of other young people within their communities.
The youth forum usually consists of members across age range of 11-18 years.
Youth Forum Benefits
- develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence.
- develop communication skills.
- develop leadership skills.
- develop organisational skills.
- gain self-worth and inner strength to battle negative peer pressure.
- develop winning attitudes
- learning how to work with other young people.
- build strong and lasting friendships.
The youth forum will strive to extend and expand on the core mission and activities of SAaS but with a new and independent outlook. This will also provide a route to represent in the regional youth parliaments improving integration and cohesion from a very young age while enhancing the overall contribution of SAaS towards the local communities.