- This event has passed.
SAaS Badminton charity event 30th June
June 30, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Together with the support of Nuffield Health, South Asian Society of Devon and Cornwall is delighted to announce our first Badminton tournament on the 30th of June to raise money and support a day of research towards Brain Tumours & Cancer.
Brain Tumour Research is an official charity partner of Plymouth University. It is one of only four universities in the UK working with the charity to improve the treatment and outcomes of brain tumours.
- brain tumours continue to kill more children and adults under 40 than any other cancer
- there are over 120 different types of brain tumour
- it is estimated that around 16,000 people a year in the UK are diagnosed with a brain tumour
- less than 20 per cent of brain tumour patients survive beyond 5 years of their diagnosis
- 10 people a day die of a brain tumour
Accordingly we have teamed up with Brain Tumour Research and help raise funds for this important underfunded area of research.
In support of this cause Nuffield Health, Devonshire Health and Racquets Club is offering free access to their world class facilities for the participants and their families for 30th June and 1st July. Nuffield Health are investing heavily this month to upgrade their gym facilities with an launch event planned on the 24th June. It will be a great opportunity for you and your family to experience the state of the art facilities while contributing towards an important cause and enjoy some badminton.
Please buy your tickets or offer to volunteer here by clicking the button below.
Format and rules:
As this is the inaugural Badminton Cup from our society the format and rules of the event will be determined by the number of registrations we receive by 20th June.